Tor Manor Project | 2018

Tor Manor – a gated courtyard crescent of 9 town houses, in the shadow of Torquay’s historic St Andrew’s church in the conservation area of Tormohun

A glorious gated courtyard development of Nine 3 & 4 bed town houses in one of Torquay’s most historic sites

Tor Manor is set in the Tormohun Conservation Area, on the site of the original manor house overlooking the church yard and gardens of one of Torquay’s oldest and historically significant churches, the medieval parish Church of Torre, now St Andrew’s Church.

The church and associated manor house, called the Court House, was the seat of the pre-monastic manor of Torre and was the foundation of one of Torquay’s earliest settlements. It was acquired by and was part of the historic Torre Abbey and kept by them until 1539.

Tor Manor is surrounded by a substantial stone wall, into which is built an ancient fountain. This fountain marks the site of the medieval wellhead attached to the kitchen of the original Court House. It was rebuilt in 1860 and is a monument to the original manor house and settlement that grew up around it.

The Tor Manor development is a modern high quality testimony to the original manor house. Elevated, Gated and secure, with sweeping views from over the Church yard and the Bay views from the elevated family terraces on the top floors.

Roofs are on and the finishing phase will be starting shortly for plots 1 – 6.

Plots 7,8 & 9 can now be started.

Sales brochures are now available from the selling agents John Lake 01803 328899.

John Lake is looking to start showing interested parties around substantially completed units in the next 4 – 6 weeks.

 

“Phase 2, Plot Nos 7, 8 & 9 started Spring 2020. All now finished and all plots sold by Spring 2021”

Other Work